I promise this will be a short post. And the recipe, though effortless, takes about 3 hours and will up your electricity consumption by a few KWh.
1. 10-12 medium sized tomatoes, sliced and de-seeded
2. 5-6 cloves of garlic, crushed
3. 2-3 teaspoons of olive oil
4. 1 teaspoon of oregano
5. 1 teaspoon of crushed black pepper
6. 2-3 teaspoons of salt (Ideally, rock salt or sea salt, but regular salt should work fine too)
1. Sprinkle the slices of tomatoes with some salt and let them sit around for about 20-30 minutes to let some of the juice fromthe tomatoes drain off.
2. Set the oven to the lowest temperature to pre-heat. (I set mine at somewhere around 130 degrees celsius.)
3. Lay the tomatoes out in a baking tray, drizzle a little olive oil over them and put them in the oven for about three hours.
4. Make a mixture of some olive oil, cracked pepper and the oregano and sprinkle over the tomatoes about an hour into “baking” them. Drizzle more olive oil, if required.
The tomatoes taste great! I ate a third of what I originally started out with at every hour (trials, guys!) and while taking pictures.
I’m looking forward to use them in a pasta this weekend. Or maybe I’ll buy some cheese spread and throw in some “sun-dried” tomatoes and make a quick cream-cheese-kinda-dip-thing to eat with khakhras. That sounds more fun. Or just eat them as is.