I’ve quite been scavenging for photo opportunities surrounding the food I cook, ever since I stole @vip_nair‘s camera.
This one’s another quick recipe for appetizers. All it takes is some hard boiled eggs, some mayonnaise and some herbs and spices.
As many eggs as you like
Salt, to taste
Oregano (or mixed herbs, if that’s what you have)
Water, to boil the eggs
1. Hard boil the eggs. Typically, this is done by boiling the eggs in water for 10-12 minutes. You can find an interesting post by @saffrontrail on how to boil eggs perfectly, here.
2. Let the eggs cool and (de)shell them. Cut them into halves.
3. Scoop out the yolks from all eggs and transfer to a bowl.
4. Add some salt, pepper and spices to the yolks and mix well, crumbling the yolk.
5. Add mayonnaise a teaspoon or so at a time, and continue mixing to form a fine pasty mixture.
6. Use a spoon to stuff the cavity of the egg white with the yolk-mayonnaise mixture.
7. Chill for about 20 minutes or serve at room temperature.
8. Garnish with chilli olive oil or whole black peppers or just about anything you like.
1. Feel free to taste the egg-mayo mixture, while you make it. Some people might like it creamy and sweet. Others might prefer less mayonnaise and prefer a nice peppery touch.
2. Alternately, you could go desi with the stuffing. Saute some onions and garlic in a pan, throw in a finely chopped tomato and a chopped green chilli. Add some salt, haldi, red chilli powder and dhaniya powder. Even some garam masala, if you really like. Add the egg yolk and stir to a homogenous mixture. And stuff the egg whites with that. Garnish with coriander or chaat masala.