This was the first of the three seafood dishes we cooked last Friday evening. But we gobbled it all up ourselves, my mum and I. My father has been complaining about high cholesterol levels in this and that and everything else, so we thought we’d play mean little bitches with this one. Heehee.
It’s a really simple recipe.
But before I get to it, I really want to upload a couple of more pictures from the Khadki Fish Market. Just like that. *grin*
1. 12 large shrimp/prawns
2. 10-12 cloves of garlic
3. 8-10 curry leaves
4. 4-5 green chillies
5. 1 (fully packed) cup of coriander leaves
6. Juice of one lemon
7. Oil to cook
8. salt to taste
9. Garam masala (optional)
1. In a blender, grind the coriander leaves, green chillies, salt and the lemon juice to a paste.
2. Heat some oil and cook the garlic and the curry leaves for a few seconds. Add the green paste to this and cook for a minute or so. Add a teaspoon of garam masala if you like that extra spice!
3. Now add the shrimp and cook well until the shrimp are done.
4. Serve with thin sliced onions and a dash of lime.