Name of Restaurant: The Cheesecake Factory
Location: 4325 Glenwood Avenue, Raleigh, NC 27612
What we ordered:
1. Crispy Crab Wontons
2. Weight-management Spicy Chicken Salad
3. Garlic Noodles
4. Kahlua Cocoa Coffee Cheesecake
$ 58, meal for 2, gratuity included
1. Ambience: 5/10
2. Service: 5/10
3. Food: 7/10
1. I’d been at the wood workshop from 10 am until 5 pm, doing some hard core stuff, about which I shall write a post soon. No, let me tell you anyway. I was making a Haitian Drum! The petwo hand drum. With real goat skin and all. But I’ll write more about it in another post. I promise. So yes, 7 hours of wood work. And 3 hours at the mall, walking. I was tired. All the energy I have had been soaked into my calf muscles and somehow evaoprated from there. And here I was, at The Cheesecake Factory, dead waist downward.
2. The restaurant was too Marwadi for my liking. No offence to the Maadu buddies and all that, but you know what I mean, right? The walls and the ceiling were a mish mash of colours and murals. That, now, can be aesthetically done. But it wasn’t, in my opinion. The lights, kinda dim. Yes, I like the colours on the website and the menu. But looking at those alone, I’d imagine the decor to be more contemporary. Mor spunky. Which it isn’t. They probably did the interiors decades ago and aren’t making enough money to re-do them. Just re-work the menu card. You think?
3. Crab Wontons, super crunchy. A simple recipe, I’d think. Served with a sesame oil and chilly based sweet sauce. In my head, “Must try this at home.”
4. I wasn’t in the mood for anything too heavy. The spicy chicken salad was not spicy. It came with some rice and beans and was everything Mexican, add a bunch of mixed greens.
5. G ordered the noodles. Spaghetti. Tossed in a truckload of oil, infused with garlic. And some veggies. Not all that great.
6. The only good thing, possibly, were the portions. For the price, they were HUGE. We doggie-bagged some of the noodles and all of the tasteless chicken. (I finished the greens, veggies, beans and rice on my salad. I’m a good girl. Go, tell my mum.) That also explains why every person you exits the restaurant leaves with a little bag. It’s not that awesome. It’s just too much.
7. As always, we were too stuffed for dessert. But then, it’s The Cheesecake Factory. How can we not have any cheesecake?! That’s just plain retarded. So we got some to-go. Which we ate the following day. Indulgent. Served in a pretty box with two carnation-looking dollops of whipped cream. The cheesecake was good. It ought to be.
8. I have one word for The Cheesecake Factory: over-rated.