Name of Restaurant: Panera Bread
Location: 8034 Concord Mills Boulevard, Concord, NC 28027
Cuisine: Salads and sandwiches
Time: 9:30 pm
What we ordered:
1. Turkey Artichoke Panini
Broccoli Cheddar Soup
A side of an apple and a soda
2. You-Pick-Two Combo:
Chopped Chicken Cobb Salad
Smoked Ham & Swiss Cafe Sandwich
A side of a piece of rye bread
1. Ambience: 6/10
2. Service: 8/10
3. Food: 9/10
1. So, we’re on our way from NC to GA and we plan a little stop over at Charlotte to dine with TT, after which we drive to Atlanta. That explains Concord Mills, just off the freeway.
2. I had wanted to take G to Panera Bread one time when he was in Raleigh, but somehow it never worked out. I’m glad he enjoyed his Cosi-esque dinner in NC.
3. There’s really not too much to the ambience. It’s not like I go there for the ambience anyway. The servive is quick. The food, healthy.
4. G ordered the Turkey Artichoke Panini. He’s a Panini boy. Also a Turkey boy. Not to forget his new found love for Spinach Artichoke dip. I would’ve been surprised had he not liked the sandwich. He also ordered the broccoli and cheddar soup. With all that cheese in there, he wasn’t complaining. I think this place caters to his likes and his needs ENTIRELY.
5. The Smoked Ham & Swiss Cheese Sandwich was nice and basic. Ham, cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, onions, mayo and mustard. Wheat bread. Wholesome happiness. The Cobb Salad was good too. The bacon and chunks of chicken and boiled egg. And vinaigrette. Salads can’t better better, can they?
6. TT mentioned that a work colleague who is a health freak stated that Panera Bread ranks #1 on USA’s healthy eat-outs. Pretty, impressive, no? Oh well, I’ve always liked Panera Bread. I really should go there more often. Or just make more Cobb Salad at home.