A crepe is a very thin pancake. It may be sweet or savory. It may be served open-faced, folded or rolled. And here’s a simple recipe for the folded version (That way you don’t need to make the crepes really big).
For the crepes:
1 cup of flour
1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
2 to 3 tablespoons of white sugar
4 tablespoons of melted butter, plus a bit more for greasing the pan
1 cup of milk (add as needed)
To complete the dessert:
Nutella, at room temperature
1. Beat the egg in a bowl and add the melted butter and milk.
2. Lightly mix in the sugar and the flour. The batter should be thinner than pancake batter, but not too thin.
3. Butter a non-stick pan. Pour some batter out and swirl the pan to make it spread.
4. When the edges of the crepe start to brown, flip it over. Cook the until the other side is cooked.
5. Flip the crepe again and add some strawberries to the centre. Drizzle some Nutella over it. And fold the two edges over.
And this is the only picture I managed to take.
There’s another time I made crepes. These had a savory filling. Caramelized onions, some celery, some chicken,
black olives and some dry herbs. The stuffing turned out pretty great, I think. No pictures though. I’m really hungry on some days. 🙂