Name of Restaurant: Cool Breeze
Location: 740 E Chatham St #E, Cary, NC 27511
Time: 9 pm
What we ordered:
1. Puri chole
2. Sev Batata Dahi Puri
3. Samosa Chaat
1. Ambience: 3/10
2. Service: 7/10
3. Food: 6/10
1. Dingy. Stuffy. Cold. With tables and benches straight out of an Amrut-tulya from back home. Not to say I’m high maintenance. But I wonder why the Indian community raves about this place. Oh, in true feel-of-India-abroad spirit, they had TVs all over, playing B4U Music. Alright, I shouldn’t crib so much. I DO enjoy the B4U Music shit they show.
2. A friend of McMallu’s who is studying Economics here at State ferried me to a Target so that I could buy my shower curtain and bath mat (Yes, in that, I’m probably high maintenance. New apartment. I want things a certain way. And while I have the means, I will not compromise. Period.) So it was the inseparable duo: The Economist and The Bombay Snob, McMallu and me. At Cool Breeze.
3. The chhola-bhatura were ordinary. I make good chhole too, you know. I’m too stingy to waste all that oil making bhaturas. Oh well, life’s like that.
4. The Sev Batata Dahi Puri and the Samosa Chaat were for McMallu. They must’ve been alright. I had a bite from his plate of Sev Batata Dahi Puri. It was decent. Like the chhole, nothing too special.
5. Some Bolly based conversation was made. And some small talk. There’s only so much I can take of those girls. I don’t mean it in a bad way. But we’re very different. And I guess I’m just stuck up. Anyway, they ordered some chai post dinner but I didn’t have any, so I won’t include it on the list of what we ordered. Because I’m a bitch. What’re YOU going to do about it?
6. Am I going there again? Probably not.