Name of Restaurant: Chili’s Grill and Bar
Location: 2910 Louisiana 14, New Iberia, LA 70560
Time: 2 pm
What we ordered:
1. Crispy Onion String and Jalapeno Stack
2. veggie pasta
3. Chicken Fajitas
4. Baby back ribs, half-rack
5. Frozen margarita (1)
$47 (super-heavy meal for 3, tip inclusive)
1. Ambience: 5/10
2. Service: 5/10
3. Food: 5/10
1. Typical chain-of-restaurants kind of place. Ok to disappointing. Always. Maybe I should stop going to places like this altogether.
2. Too many people. Slow service. Average food.
3. The Crispy Onion String and Jalapeno Stack was (a) a stack (b) greasymaxxxxx (c) kanda bhaji and a few batter fried jalapeno slices thrown in (d) some decently yum jalapeno ranch dressing (e) too much, wayyyy too much for an appetizer, and hence a complete meal killer. I won’t lie. I quite enjoyed the kanda-bhaji-in-Amreeka experience though.
4. Z had been raving about frozen margaritas down south, so I went ahead and bought myself one. A lime flavoured one. Nasty. Too sour. I’ve had margarita’s before. C’mon!
5. G didn’t like his fajitas too much, he told me (in secret) later.
6. Z had the veggie pasta, and like I always say, it would take sheer stupidity to mess that one up.
7. The ribs were served with mashed potatoes and a gravy I didn’t quite enjoy. I’m quite a sucker for the gravy one gets with mashed potatoes, usually. The ribs were in barbeque sauce, the kind that more ketchup-y than enything else. Quite a #fail, that way. I’ll make another confession it was good meat though. So, while I wasn’t too high on the sauce, the good pork made up for an otherwise ok dish.
8. Go some place else, guys. Maybe a local joint that tourists may not frequent. I’ve come to learn that those are always better.