The crunchiest, yummiest cookies you’re guaranteed to fall in love with.
(Makes about 3 dozen)
1. 1/3 cup white sugar
2. 3/4 cup butter, softened
3. 2 tbsp. instant coffee
4. 1/2 tsp. baking soda
5. 1 tbsp. water
6. 1 tsp. vanilla
7. 1 3/4 cup flour
8. 1 cup finely chopped nuts (I used left over walnuts from a chocolate chip cookie recipe, from earlier that week)
9. A mixture of brown sugar and regular sugar for rolling the cookies (You could use ordinary sugar, alone. I had both, so used both.)
1. Preheat your oven to 350 F.
2. Cream butter and beat in 1/3 cup sugar, until light and fluffy.
3. Dissolve instant coffee and baking soda in water.
4. Add to the butter mixture with vanilla and beat well.
5. Stir in the flour and the nuts.
6. Shape into inch-sized balls and roll each ball in the additional sugar mixture.
7. Flatten the balls out lightly and place them on an ungreased baking tray. Bake at 350 degrees for 15-18 minutes.
I’m leaving for Santa Cruz on Saturday. This is a baking-filled week. I need to get rid of all the confectionery stuff and what better way than to bake and feed. 🙂 If food were money, I’d be quite a philanthropist.