1. 2 cups all-purpose flour
2. 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
3. 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
4. 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
5. 1/2 cup butter, softened
6. 1 cup white sugar
7. 3 tablespoons real maple syrup
8. 1 egg
9. 1/2 cup white sugar
10. 1/4 cup maple sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. In a small dish, mix together the remaining 1/2 cup white sugar and the maple sugar.
3. In a large bowl, mix all the other ingredients to form a soft dough.
4. Roll dough into 1 inch balls, and roll the balls in the sugar mixture.
5. Place cookies 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
6. Bake 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven. Cookies will be crackly on top and look wet in the middle. Remove from cookie sheets to cool on wire racks.
1. The measures make about 3 dozen cookies.
2. The cookies will take a while to cool. They will be fairly soft, when warm but will harden as they cool.
3. It’s a fairly quick recipe. And yum results.
4. Cookie baking should have gotten my mind off a lot of the shit that my life is right now. It did. And this morning, all the fun-ness came crashing down. Thank you for reading.