1. 8-10 boneless chicken thighs.
2. 3 onions (sliced, not finely chopped)
3. 5-6 green chillies.
4. 5-6 curry leaves.
5. 1 tablespoon ginger paste
6. chicken masala.
7. haldi powder.
8. salt to taste
9. 1 teaspoon lemon juice
10. 1 cup oil/butter
1. Chop the chicken into small cubes (each should be less than an inch).
2. Marinate the chicken in ginger paste, salt, haldi, lemon juice for around 2 hrs. (the more the better).
3. Heat oil/butter in a pan or kadhai.
4. When the oil/butter is sufficiently hot,add the chicken.
5. Cook the chicken for 15-20 mins. The meat releases its juices. Cook open top and let all the juices evaporate. Keep stirring so that the chicken does not stick to the bottom. This will take some time.
6. After you ensure all the water has gone away, add the onions, green chillies, curry leaves, red chilli or chicken masala and stir again. Mix well and cook for 10-15 mins till the chicken is done. You can cook till the chicken will be slightly burnt at the surface.
7. Garnish with coriander leaves.
1. The most succulent and tender chicken I have EVER had. Really!
2. The chicken will be dry and subzi-like. Perfect for chakna with the daaru! Err… food to compliment alcohol.
3. It should also go well with bread or unleavened bread.
4. The recipe is intense because it calls for constant stirring lest the chicken stick to the pan.
1. Menon, who stole it from a friend, who stole if off the web.
none. My apologies.