1. 3 avocados (scooped out and mashed)
2. Juice of 1 lime
3. 1 teaspoon salt
4. 1/2 cup diced onion
5. 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro/coriander
6. 2 tomatoes, diced
7. 1 teaspoon minced garlic
8. 1 pinch ground cayenne pepper (optional)
9. 2 small green chillies
1. In a medium bowl, mash together the avocados, lime juice, and salt. Mix in onion, cilantro, tomatoes, green chillies and garlic. Blend for a few seconds in the blender, if the mixtures is too coarse.
2. Stir in cayenne pepper, if the spice levels do not meet your requirements.
3. Refrigerate 1 hour for best flavor, or serve immediately, with tortilla chips of your choice.
1. It was awesome!!! 😀
2. This was my first time picking avocados in the market. My tip would be to pick the soft ones if you plan to use them immediately. If you plan to make the guacamole a few days later, you could buy firm avocados and keep them in a bowl in your kitchen, to ripen. If you keep them refrigerated, you’ll slow down the ripening process.
3. My guacamole looks ‘fine’ because I ran the ingredients through the blender. 2 of the 3 avocados I picked were nice and soft. One wasn’t so it was kinda difficult to mash them thoroughly. Hence the blender option.
4. Tostitos, lime or jalapeno flavoured, go best with guacamole.
5. It’s a 15 minute recipe and needs zero cooking. Please try making it. Pretty please! I know you’ll love it!